Saturday, November 22, 2014

A surprise for Scott

One of the items on Scott's bucket list was to see his best friend from high school. Scott would tell me stories of playing video games with Clarence, hanging out, being goofy, and just having a good time. He last saw Clarence the day he left for the army. While more than a decade has past since he saw Clarence, it didn't take very long for Clarence to make Scott's bucket list.

Shortly after Scott went into the hospital, I spoke with Clarence. He was going to try and save up money to come in the summer time. Sadly, finances were tight and he couldn't make it. So, after I got insurance money to cover our Disney trip, I contacted Clarence and said let's make this happen. The result...an amazing and touching reunion. I'll let the video speak for itself (linked below).





They only got a weekend together, but to Scott that was everything. Coming to Star Trek night, watching a hockey game, going shooting with Matt, and just hanging out and reminiscing. I'm so glad that we were able to make this happen for Scott.






No comments:

Post a Comment