Monday, January 19, 2015

Last Birthday

Scott turned 35 today. He made it. And what does he want to do? Go to Dart Warz. His party is in less than a week and we’ve already got 130 people RSVP’d!

Scott is seeming more and more ‘out of it’. Just not completely there. He is so much more tired and eats way less. He didn’t eat dinner tonight and pretty much slept after Dart Warz and through the night. He’s officially decided to stop and we will start hospice care tomorrow. He threw up three times today. He’s just wasting away. I am so beside myself. This is really happening. Hospice care. Why? I want him to be around. I want him to live. Not die.

Happy 35th Birthday, sweetie. I’m sad that this is your last. That your fate has been sealed and our adventures are coming to a close. The number of kisses and hugs we have left together are numbered and are few. I wish things could be quite different. But they are not. This is what we’ve been dealt. This is the hand we must play. What a crappy hand.

10933820_10153062752713000_3871870065230656401_n

No comments:

Post a Comment