Saturday, January 31, 2015

Preparations

This morning, I made a trip that I have been dreading for quite some time. A couple of friends accompanied me to some funeral homes as I plan for the inevitable. Unfortunately, the time is drawing near. Since his seizure the other day, we have noticed a decline in his condition. His nurses have been by the house everyday since. I settled with a funeral home that I think will serve our needs. The staff was courteous, professional, and very warm and welcoming.

Two nights ago, Scott became unresponsive (staring blankly), his breathing labored, and he would not eat or drink. Then he was very agitated, pulling his sheets and blankets and trying to pull his bed rail off. It was a long night but eventually the meds his nurse gave him kicked in and he was finally able to rest.

Yesterday morning, his nurse decided to stop all oral medications because he is having difficulties swallowing. He didn't eat anything at all yesterday and barely drinks water. We don't know how long he will hold out for, but we feel it is close. So now, all we can do, is keep him comfortable, tell him we love him, and prepare for what's to come.

 

Scott’s best friend, Clarence, wrote this to our group page:

Scott, my wish is that this message gets to you before you go. Although I am restating what you already know I want to tell you that you are so loved, By your family and friend far and wide. You are an inspiration to many because of the kind of man you turned out to be. While your body breaks our hearts break with it. And when you're gone, the void you leave will never be filled. We will cope and have memories of our theatre days, for some they will remember times in the sound booth or in class. Others have times watching WCW or WWF, we'll have D&D, Magic the Gathering, or just walking around IB because we could. Please know that when you are gone your family will still be cared for and we will be here to help them through their grieving.

I'm going to change it up a bit. While scott and I was waiting for Matthew he shared some serious thoughts but even though it was a grim mood he wanted to joke still so I will end by saying. Scott if you decide to haunt us it better be like some Patrick Swazey style Ghost shit. If you go all poltergeist on us I will find that exorcism lady and we will have to listen to her annoying voice together. We love you Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment