Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Seizure

Today was rough. Scott had a seizure this morning. His mom called me and all I could understand was that something is wrong and he stopped breathing. I headed home, driving much faster than the speed limit. My only thought was 'please wait'. One of his nurses was already there when I got home. She checked him out and concluded it was a seizure. They've changed him to a stronger anti-seizure medication and gave us guidance on what to do if this happens again. Each day that passes he seems weaker and weaker. He eats so little and still occasionally gets sick. The differences of how Scott looked just a week ago to today are frightening.

Today was a scary day and definitely not the first scary day nor the last.

IMG_5770

On top of all this, I've definitely come down with something. For now it is just a cough. I hope it doesn't get too bad though. Besides taking care of Scott and the kids, a friend is taking me to see Neil deGrasse Tyson on Friday.

Well, time to get some rest. I am likely turning in early tonight. I'm exhausted and my body is screaming at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment