Monday, December 26, 2011

Cupcakes & More

So, I have really been enjoying making special treats for my kids' birthdays and such.  I really want to learn more and become much better at cake decorating.  Anyway, I had my first commission from a friend at work, as well as a request to make special cupcakes for a coworker's birthday.


Here are the Mickey Mouse cupcakes!  I used fondant died in black, red, and yellow. 


Here is the coffin cake I was commissioned to make.  They were celebrating two relatives' milestone birthdays: 40 and 50.  So, I was asked to make a coffin cake.  I made a brown marble fondant for the coffin, scored the surface, and used a vodka/brown food color mixture to paint the wood stain. 

These were super fun to make and I can't wait for other opportunities to try new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment