Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Angry Birds Birthday Party! Part 2

I finished all of the fondant birds and pigs the week before Tristan's birthday party (see part one here).  The days following were super filled with an event I helped put together at work and prepping for Tristan's party.

The night before his party, I was up until 2am making the cake and working on other party stuff.  Not to mention that I hadn't gotten to bed before midnight every night in the past week.

I wanted to make a regular cake using the birds and pigs and an edible Angry Birds game (I saw a few ideas online via Pinterest and thought it would be cool to do the same).

Scott assisted me with making the boxes, eggs, and wooden boards.  I stacked the boards to look like the number six (this was Tristan's 6th birthday, after all!).  I went with a basic design.  I wish my wooden tier didn't look as dark and that my green tier looked darker.  Oh well!

The edible game was a bit more tricky, but that is because the spice cake was not holding up like I wanted it to.  Darn super moist cake mixes!  One of the ideas I saw indicated using regular spice cake mix from the box.  I think it might be the altitude.

Also, I had to use a ton of sugar cubes to keep the wafer sticks from falling over.  We had a few fall before we let the kids have at it.

 We used the launcher that came with the Angry Birds board game to send our birds flying!

And they did fly!
The aftermath of launched birds and sugar hungry kids!

Next up: Angry Birds Birthday Party! Part 3 (the games).

No comments:

Post a Comment