Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Who the heck am I?

I guess an introduction is in order.  If you're reading this and you've come through Facebook, chances are you already know something about me.  Either from high school, through work, or past and current friendships.  But if you've wandered through cyberspace and somehow landed here, this would be the post for you.

You can call me Mary (most people call me that), Miean (mostly family and some really close friends), or a myriad of other names: MJ, Mary Jane, "hey you", etc. Or you don't even have to call me anything. It won't hurt my feelings.

Who am I?
I am a daughter (with the best dad in the whole world!)




I am a sister (to a stubborn, yet wonderful brother and a cute as a button baby sister)








My sister
My brother



I am a wife (we tied the knot this last summer, but we've been together for over 7 years)



My awesome husband


I am a mother (to a rambunctious pair of kiddos)
My son, Tristan, on his first day of Kindergarten
My daughter, Melayna, having tons of fun at America the Beautiful park


I am a step-mother (to two beautiful young ladies)




I am a speaker (I am VP of PR for TOPCLASS, a Toastmasters club in Colorado Springs)



I am a biker (although, I didn't ride at all this past summer!)


I am a gamer
<Insert Picture Here>
I guess I don't have many pics of me gaming, but I like board games, video games, computer games, and more. 



I am an artist (I enjoy expressing myself through various medium)

Photography
Sunset silhouette - Summer 2009





















Red Rocks Canyon - Fall 2010
Air Show - Fall 2011
USAFA vs BYU - Fall 2010

 
Cupcakes

Schnauzer cupcakes
Pug cupcakes
Lab cupcakes
Butterfly cupcakes

 Cakes




Super Bowl Cake
Wedding cake trial

Birthday Cake




 Drawings/Designs

Render of puppy on drawing tablet

Banner Drawing for Light the Night Walk

Patch design created for our gaming group




I am also a student (on break for the moment)
And, I am an assistant lending administrator (a busy, but awesome job)



Alright, so now you know a little something about me (hey, "Something About Mary" - dang I should have made my website that name - though it is probably already taken - btw I've actually never seen the movie).


I live in beautiful Colorado Springs with my family.  All of my immediate family, except for my baby sister, live here, too.  Our family is little, but close.  I work for a large credit union and I love the company I work for.  That's why I've been there for nearly nine years.  My husband, prior military, has done a few different odd jobs before landing the best job of all: stay-at-home dad.  We couldn't afford the daycare for two kids, especially since his pay covered daycare and one car payment.  It didn't make sense.  Sell the car and stay at home.  Living on primarily one income is tough, but we've managed thus far.

Anyway, I am fairly diverse in the things I find enjoyable in life and the things I like to do.  I am usually willing to give new things a fair chance, whether it is food, guns, or games.   I like to express my creativity through a variety of things, such as baking, photography, and drawing.

I hope that as I write this blog, you can learn a little bit about me and the things that interest me most.

No comments:

Post a Comment