Sunday, October 2, 2011

A new start...

Hello and welcome to my blog!


A few years ago I started a blog called To Be Continued... (later renamed Butterfly Kisses and Elephant Parades after my daughter was born).  That was over three years ago.  Over the last year, I have only posted twice.  How lame am I?  Or can I just claim being a very busy, working mom, with way too much to do? 

Anyway, I am starting fresh with a new blog!  Why, you ask?  Well, for one, the old blog is under an email address that I don't use hardly anymore and Blogger won't let me change the sign-in email address. (Boo!).  Also, I like a clean slate!  I like to keep things fresh and exciting!  And I'm too lazy to see if Blogger can really actually change my sign in.

If you would like to read any of my older entries, you can view my previous blog here



Here is my hope for this blog...
  • To post an update at least once a week. Even if it is a one-liner with a picture attached, that'll work. But I have to post once a week.
  • Keep it G rated - my intention is to share this with family and friends - quite honestly I'm not into the obsenities and such - so if that is what you're looking for - you've got the wrong place.
  • Be honest - what's more pathetic than lying to your own blog. It means that you're lying to yourself (and not to mention the whole world) about the things in your life.
  • Be fair, partial, and understanding (when possible) - I'm not trying to offend anyone, take certain sides, or twist truths. If you have a valid issue with something I say or post, let it be known to me and I will do what I can to right a wrong (if applicable, because sometimes I'm just right - joking)
  • Keep it real (translation: don't let this become an obsession)
 Please keep in mind that what I post here are solely my opinions (or hearsay if I'm quoting someone else).  Just as you are entitled to your opinion, view, beliefs, etc., so am I.  If you really don't like it, please find another blog.  If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't leave it in the comments (unless I specifically ask for all opinions good and bad).  Message me personally if necessary.



I plan to post a few of the activities going on in my life, especially regarding my family life (I have four beautiful children - two of my own and two step-daughters).  I have a crazy, but loving husband who has the best job in the world - stay-at-home dad!  And I love to keep myself busy....very busy. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some of what I write and post somewhat interesting!

~MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment