Saturday, June 27, 2015

All done

Got the rest of my tattoo finished today. It definitely hurt a bunch today since the work done was up on my collar bone. I plan to get better pictures once it is all healed up. This whole piece is dedicated to my mom, who passed away nine years ago, and my husband, who passed away earlier this year. Scott was really fond of the movie Lilo and Stitch and so I have the Ohana phrase and Stitch for him. For my mom, I chose a hibiscus flower because I have an old picture of her in the botanical gardens in Okinawa, Japan where she has a flower above her ear. To me, it resembles a hibiscus. The words 'Mahal kita' mean 'I love you' in Tagalog, my mother's native language. Both sides were tied together so beautifully and it is my hope to bring them together across my back sometime in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment