Monday, October 27, 2014

A Bucket List started

I last posted about Scott's bucket list. Our goal is simple: to have Scott live life to its fullest.

Little did we know that we would start checking off items on his list just a few days later. It all started with a call from my dad. He said he was trying to contact folks with the local Harley Davidson group. He really wanted to give Scott one last motorcycle ride, even if it was in a sidecar. He didn't have much luck with the Harley folks, so he settled for social media with his plea.

My dad's post: Looking for someone who has a motorcycle with a side car who wouldn't mind giving my son in law who is terminally ill with cancer one last ride. He is an Iraqi Veteran and can no longer ride. Doesn't have to be a long ride. I will definitely pay all expenses.
 
I cried reading his post. My father, with a heart so big, just wanted to do something for his son-in-law. My dad didn't start riding until after my husband started to ride. They did some scenic rides together, before we had to sell the motorcycles to pay off bills. It was defintely something they bonded over. I asked my dad if I could share his post on our group page and guess what? Within an hour, we had a rider who could take Scott out to Woodland Park and back!
 
One of my co-workers, Joe, made contact with Doyne from APEX sports. He came with his motorcycle and a sidecar for Scott to ride in. Accompanying Doyne and Scott, were Joe, my dad, Drew, Jason, Eric, and Matt. They rode out to Woodland Park, stopped at the Donut Mill, and rode on back to meet us at Palmer Park. Two other friends came to cheer them as they rode away, Charlene and Tamra.
 
Let's just say, Scott was on cloud nine. He texted me some selfies during his ride and was definitely upbeat and cheery. It was nice to see him so happy. He had been in so much pain lately that I was afraid he wouldn't enjoy the ride.
One of Scott's selfies during the ride!
 




 
 
Shortly after posting the list to our group on Facebook, the response has been quite overwhelming. So many people have come forth to help make his life so much more enjoyable. I cannot wait to see what else is in store for him!

This week is going to be tough. Today he had his port placed. Tomorrow, he has chemo.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment