Sunday, May 10, 2015

Spartan Race...

So, yesterday was the Spartan Race. I started the race, but didn't finish. The reasons for which, were beyond my control. 

Colorado has fairly unpredictable weather. As the afternoon approaches the chances for thunderstorms increase. Well, our wave was in the afternoon. We were initially delayed from started due to thunderstorms. Once those seemed to clear, we were off. It was apparent, though, that I was not trained to for the obstacles I was about to face. I needed help from my teammates. Fortunately, I wasn't the only one needing assistance. I will definitely need to up my training to get myself ready for one I'll be doing next year.

Anyway, we got a little over a mile in when the lightning returned. We were told no obstacles with water and metal. We bypassed a couple obstacles to then face rain and hail. At which point, we were told to go back. So, we ran back...in the hail and rain. We were given medals and shirts despite not finishing. In hindsight, it may have been a good thing. I may not have been able to get through the entire race. But this gives me something to look forward to. I plan to train and be ready for it next year. I hope to be able to do all the obstacles without assistance...rope climbing, wall climbs, etc. I want to be able to do it all! I got this!



No comments:

Post a Comment