Saturday, June 2, 2012

More Minimalist Paintings

After completing the Star Wars paintings, I set out work on the girls' room.  Since my daughter occupies the room a majority of the time by herself, I gave her dibs on what theme we would do the room in.  My main restriction was Dora.  Not that I don't like Dora, but I know that it is something a little girl can easily grow out of.

So, I convinced her of Disney princesses.  I had a plan all worked out.  Then my plan got bigger, grander, and, unfortunately, improbable.  I didn't know what to do.  I didn't know where to start.

One morning, I sat with my daughter as she watched My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic on Netflix.  They redid the show I had watched when I was a little girl.  My daughter was mesmerized.  I found out from my husband that she loves the show and she especially loves Pinkie Pie.

Light bulb!

I searched for minimalist pictures of the six main characters of the show.  I now know their names by heart.  I even know their cutie marks.  To my surprise, I found exactly what I was looking for.

Here are two that I've done so far.  I have to get better pictures of the three others I've done and post those, too.   The first two I did were Pinkie Pie and Rarity, but the picture came out horribly.

The second two I finished were Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy (shown below).  The pictures were taken before I did touch up work on them, but you get the idea.

These were super fun to paint and I have one more to do, my favorite, Twilight Sparkle.  I have some touch-up work to do on one of the other ones, and then they'll be ready to adorn my daughter's wall.  :D


Yes, my daughter is wearing a splint.  Over the holiday weekend, she decided to take a spill of the couch and fracture her arm.  She got a beautiful pink cast with sparkles.  Unfortunately, I think she likes it a little too much. :S




No comments:

Post a Comment